Space Mobile


I made a space mobile just for fun. I really like outer space. I'm even having a space birthday party. My party is in 8 days and I'm turning 8!


All you need is a piece of cardboard, scissors, string, glue, 2 popsicle sticks and crayons.

First, glue the popsicle sticks together.  Just use one dot of glue.  Let it dry for an hour. I let mine dry overnight.


Then, you start drawing and coloring planets, rocket ships, aliens or any stuff like that. They will be the things hanging from your mobile.  If you have trouble drawing a circle you can find something in your house that is in the shape you want your circle to be and trace around it.


Cut the planets and stuff out.

Flip them over and color the back side of each one.

Get a hole puncher and punch a whole in the top of your planets and rocket ships.

Cut out enough strings for all your planets and things. Then, tie them onto each going through the hole.



Cut out a long string and tie it onto the middle of the sticks when they have dried.

Stick the strings on by putting a dot of glue on each end of the popsicle sticks.  Let it dry for a least an hour.


Then, your solar system space mobile is finished and you can hang it by your bed or anywhere. I have a bunkbed where I sleep on the bottom. So, I can just hang it on the bottom of top bunk above me.  It makes my bed look more spacey!!!



Comments

Popular Posts