DIY Christmas Calendar

                                                                               

I am very sorry that I didn't make any posts in November, I was really busy with schoolwork, but hopefully I can make it up to you with this Christmas Calendar! Anyways, let me show you how to make your own calendar: 

You need: 
Paper 
Scissors 
Green Markers (different shades) 
A Red Marker 
A Black Marker 
Pencil

First, trace out the shape that you want your Christmas tree to be, then cut it out.
Next, trace out all 24 ornaments and a star (I accidentally made 25 ornaments so I just made Christmas day have an ornament and a star). You can make your star any shape actually, I felt like I wanted mine to fit into the shape of the tree, so I just made it a triangle, but you can make yours an actual star. 
After the pencil sketch, go back with your black marker and trace the pencil sketch. 
Now, start coloring your tree, you don't actually have to use green, I just chose it because that's usually just the natural color of a Christmas tree. You could just as easily use blue or purple to create a snowy tree illusion. 
This is a step that you don't have to take, but I went ahead and colored my star just to make the actual Christmas day stand out more. 
The star isn't the only other coloring that you will do though, each day you can color in a new Christmas ornament. For the ornaments you can use any color you want, or you could do a new color each day, because Christmas tree ornaments can be all sorts of colors. 
Now, you can glue the tree onto a piece of cardstock or some cardboard. 
This last step is optional, but you can write the year, and Christmas Calendar on the cardstock or cardboard part of your paper. 
Then, you finally have your Christmas Calendar ready! Now you can mark down the days until Christmas! 
Hopefully you enjoyed this post, stay safe throughout the holidays, and have a great day! 

Comments

Popular Posts